Adoring Addie: Adoring Addie Press Release (as PDF)
PORTLAND, ORE. – May 21, 2013 – Award-winning author, Leslie Gould, follows up her best-selling novel Courting Cate, an Amish romance based on Shakespeare’s Taming the Shrew, with her May 2013 release, Adoring Addie.
Adoring Addie is based on one of Shakespeare’s most beloved tales, Romeo and Juliet. Published by Bethany House Publishers, Division of Baker Publishing Group, Adoring Addie is the story of Addie Cramer and Jonathan Mosier and their love that defies their family’s wishes.
When Addie Cramer’s mutter and daed decide Phillip Eicher is the man for her to marry, they claim she must honor them by obeying their wishes. But then she falls in love with Jonathan Mosier–part of the family with whom the Cramers have a long-held grudge.
“I’ve been a fan of Shakespeare since I was a little girl, listening to recordings of his plays with my mother as she cleaned the house,” Gould said. “I didn’t understand the plots, but I loved the cadence of the words. I saw my first play in elementary school and loved it, and went on to study Shakespeare in college.”
Gould’s first job out of college as a curator at a small historical museum in Ashland, Ore., which hosts the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. This cemented her love of such tales.
“When I started co-writing Amish fiction with Mindy Starns Clark, I got the wild idea that Anabaptist settings and characters lent themselves to Shakespeare retellings,” Gould said. “Thankfully my publisher, Bethany House, agreed and contracted me to write four novels inspired by Shakespeare’s plays. Courting Cate, inspired by The Taming of the Shrew, came out last November and made the ECPA best-seller list.”
The Courtships of Lancaster County series will continue with Minding Molly, based on A Midsummer Night’s Dream, in 2014.
Leslie Gould is the award-winning author of fifteen novels, including the #1 bestseller The Amish Midwife (CBA and ECPA), co-written with Mindy Starns Clark. The novel, the first in The Women of Lancaster County series, was a 2012 Christy Award winner. The Amish Nanny and The Amish Bride, the second and third novels in the series, also hit the bestseller list.
One of Leslie’s stand-alone novels, Beyond the Blue, won of the Romantic Times Book Club Magazine’s Reviewers’ Choice Award for Best Inspirational Novel in 2006.
Leslie received her master of fine arts in creative writing from Portland State University in 2009 and has taught fiction as an adjunct professor at Multnomah University. She also teaches workshops at public and private schools and at writers’ conferences.
A varied work history, from curating a historical museum to editing a bridal magazine, preceded her fiction-writing career. She is also an Army Reserve wife who has supported her husband, Peter, through many years of service, including a deployment to Afghanistan as the commander of a field hospital. Leslie and her husband live in Oregon with their four children.
- Garden of Dreams, WaterBrook Press (2003)
- Beyond the Blue, WaterBrook Press (2005) - Romantic Times Reviewers’ Choice Award for Best Inspirational Novel, 2006
- Scrap Everything, WaterBrook Press (2006)
- Circle of Grace, Guideposts Books (2008)
- Promise of Spring, Guideposts Books (2008)
- Second Chances, Guideposts Books (2009)
- To Love and Cherish, Guideposts Books (2010)
- In God’s Hands, Guideposts Books (2010)
- The Heart of the Matter, Guideposts Books (2010)
- Lean on Me, Guideposts Books (2011)
- Beacon’s Call, Guideposts Books (2011)
- The Amish Midwife, Harvest House Publishers (2011) - #1 Bestseller • 2012 Christy Award winner • 2012 RWA, Inspirational Readers’ Choice Award finalist
- The Amish Nanny, Harvest House Publishers (2011) - Bestseller • 2012 RWA, Inspirational Readers’ Choice Award finalist
- The Amish Bride, Harvest House Publishers (2012) – Bestseller
- Courting Cate, Bethany House (2012)
- Adoring Addie, Bethany House (2013)
The Women of Lancaster County series, co-written with Mindy Starns Clark
- The Amish Midwife • Book 1
- The Amish Nanny • Book 2
- The Amish Bride • Book 3
The Courtships of Lancaster County series
- Courting Cate (November 2012) • Book 1
- Adoring Addie (May 2013) • Book 2
- (More to follow)
Interviews and Reviews